Tutorial for Amarino Beginners- Display your SMS on 16×2 LCD.
This tutorial shows you how to display SMS on 16×2 LCD. This tutorial is based on Amarino. It utilizes Receive SMS plugin of Amarino. This plugin sends the first 30 characters of a received SMS to Arduino. The message is sent as a string. The length of the string can be between 0 and 30.
You need the following devices/components for this experiment:
c. Android phone.
d. Bluetooth adapter- You can use either general Bluetooth adapter or BlueSMiRF from sparkfun.
e. One cell phone (any) to send text messages.
If you are doing Amarino experiment for the first time, follow these steps carefully:
1. Download and install Amarino toolkit.
2. Download and install Amarino Plugin Bundle.
3. Download MeetArduino library and put it into the Libraries folder of Arduino.
5. Open up the Amarino application. You will get the following screen:
6. Click on the red icon for a while, it will prompt the following options.
7. Click on Show Events. You will then get the following screen.
Then follow the steps as shown on the following video:
You can buy this shield on www.buildcircuit.net