BuildCircuit has previously published several articles about WTV020SD-16P, the best and the cheapest music module ever made for electronic enthusiasts. If you have never worked with wtv020sd-16p module, we recommend you to check out these articles. This time, we have made a very simple evaluation board for testing the wtv020sd module. It works both with and without Arduino. Click here to see the kit experiment with Arduino.
Purpose of the kit: The main purpose of this kit is to test the WTV020SD-16P music module. You just need to stack the module over the stackable header placed on the board, insert a MicroSD card and play the music stored. You can also connect it to your Arduino and make it follow the Arduino commands.
This kit contains everything you need to build your very own WTV020SD evaluation board. Simply follow the Assembly Guide and after some basic soldering, you’ll have made a fully-functional evaluation board for wtv020sd music module. The kit package does not include a wtv020sd-16p module. So, you need to buy that separately.
- Plays music with or without Arduino. Works in mp3 mode as well as Arduino mode.
- Supports LM386 based Audio amplifier module.
- Works without an external audio amplifier.
- Works with 6-9V power supply. The circuit board has 5V and 3.3V regulators.
- It has four switches: Reset, play/pause, previous (prev) and next.
- Includes PTC resettable fuse to protect the circuit from unexpected high current.
The kit package includes the following components:
- Bare PCB with silkscreen indicators.
- 4 x reset tactile switch
- 2 x 10uF electrolytic capacitors
- 2 x 0.1uF ceramic capacitors
- 1 x PTC resettable fuse
- 2 x 3mm LED
- 1 x DC barrel
- 1 x 500 Ohm variable resistor
- 1 x 1N4001 diode
- 1 x 3.3V regulator chip (L78L33)
- 1 x LM7805 (5V regulator chip)
- 1 x TO-220 heat sink for LM7805
- 1 x 4 pin male header
- 1 x 6 pin female header
- 2 x 8 pin female headers for stacking the music module
- 1 x 470R resistor
- 1 x 330R resistor
You need would other things that are not included along with the kit package and you need to buy those separately.
Buy these components separately:
- WTV020SD-16P music module
- 2GB MicroSD card
- 8 Ohm- 0.25W- Thin Speaker
- Audio amplifier module (optional)
- Download the AD4 audio sample files.
- Flickr Images related to this experiment
- About wtv020sd-16P evaluation kit
- Schematic of the kit
- Assembly Guide
- All projects related to WTV020SD-16P
- Buy WTV020SD-16P
Watch the video below:
The video below shows the basic test of the evaluation board without LM386 audio amplifier. The audio level is low if we don’t use the amplifier.
Check out this video (the evaluation board with an Audio amplifier)