Easy Steps for making infrared based object counter
We need following components for making an object counter
1. 555- configured in monostable mode(automatic dark sensor using 555)
3. 7490- decade counter- Click here to get the datasheet
4. 7447- BCD to seven segment display- Click here to get the datasheet.
5. Seven segment display- Common Anode
Here, CC-Common Cathode and CA-Common Anode.
6. Resistors- see the schematic
7. Capacitors- see the schematic
8. Light dependent resistor (LDR)
10. Power supply
There are basically three modules in object counter:
555 timer configured in monostable mode is a simple automatic dark sensor circuit that gives output when light falling on LDR is blocked. Pin 3 of monostable circuit has been connected to pin 4 of astable timer. When monostable circuit generates output, astable mode timer starts giving pulses to the counter module.
Frequency for counter module is set up using R4, R3 and C2.
7490 acts as a decade counter and 7447 uses the output of 7490 to display numbers on seven segment display.
This circuit counts from 0 to 9.
OUTPUT: If you block light falling on LDR, the number on seven segment display will increase.
We have recently released a 3 digit digital object counter kit. You can buy the kit at BuildCircuit store.
3 Digit Digital Object Counter ASSEMBLED Kit With Infrared Transmitter And Laser ModuleUS $14.95151 items soldAdd to cart
3 Digit Digital Object Counter ASSEMBLED Kit With Infrared Transmitter And Laser ModuleUS $14.95151 items sold
This is 3 digits digital object counter kit for electronics beginners and hobbyists. It is the upgraded version of our previous 2 digits and 3 digits object counter.
You can use this 3 digits digital object counter for counting objects or people entering in a room. It can be used by engineers for learning about digital counters.
This DIY digital object counter works with VS1838 infrared receiver and photoresistor and there are three seven segment displays displaying numbers from 0 to 999. An IR transmitter is directed towards the VS1838 infrared receiver of the counter module and objects are moved between the two modules. Each time an object passes between the two modules, the seven-segment displays show increment in numbers from 0 to 999.
39 in stock
Check out all the counters
1.8″ Photoresistor And Laser Operated Medium Digital Objects CounterUS $19.9513 items soldAdd to cart
2.3″ Common Anode Seven Segment Display DriverUS $19.958 items soldAdd to cart
2.3″ Common Anode Seven Segment Display DriverUS $19.958 items sold
- This is a 74LS192 based up and down counter driver module for driving 2.3″ seven-segment display. The module has headers on two sides to receive up/down count signals and to concatenate with another driver module. You can concatenate unlimited displays.
- The module can be triggered with NE555, flashing LED, Scoreduino-A, basic trigger module, and Arduino. It can also be triggered by anything that generates a clock pulse.
- It works ‘strictly’ with 9V power supply. Do not exceed more than 9V.
10 in stock
2.3″ common cathode seven segment display driverUS $11.95 – US $12.9522 items soldSelect options
2.3″ common cathode seven segment display driverUS $11.95 – US $12.9522 items sold
This is a CD4026 based up counter driver module for driving 2.3 inches common cathode seven segment display. The module has headers on two sides to receive up count signals and to concatenate with another driver module.
The module can be triggered with NE555, flashing LED, and Arduino. It can also be triggered by anything that generates a clock pulse.
CD4026- 1 Digit Up Counter ModuleUS $4.9565 items soldAdd to cart
CD4026- 1 Digit Up Counter ModuleUS $4.9565 items sold
- It works as an UP counter. You can instantly test the up count of the display using a flashing LED.
- It is a handy tester for 0.56″ seven segments common cathode display.
- Works with Arduino or NE55 or whatever that gives pulse.
- You can concatenate as many displays as you want.
- With this, you can build your own digital objects counter.
- Size: 15mmx49mm
50 in stock
CD4029 Based Up And Down Counter For Arduino And NE555US $7.9521 items soldAdd to cart
Photoresistor And Laser Operated Large Digital Objects Counter With 2.3″ DisplaysUS $29.959 items soldAdd to cart
Photoresistor And Laser Operated Large Digital Objects Counter With 2.3″ DisplaysUS $29.959 items sold
A laser light module illuminates the photoresistor continuously and whenever any object obstructs the laser light falling on the photoresistor, the counter increases the count. You can use this 3 digit digital objects counter for counting objects or people entering a room. It can be used by engineers for learning about digital counters.
4 in stock