This is basically a module similar to FTDI/FT232RLbasic breakout board.
CH340 is a series of USB bus adapters, that provides serial, parallel or IrDA interfaces over the USB bus (note: CH340G supports serial interface only). The CH340G integrate circuit provides common MODEM signals to allow adding a UART to a computer or converting existing UART devices to USB interface.
Most of the Chinese Arduino nano boards have the CH340G chip. After assembling the kit, I tested it with an ESP8266 module and it worked.
The schematic of the kit:
The kit package includes these components:
1. It has a CH340G chip
2. It has a double-sided circuit board and heat shrink tube
3. Onboard power lamp (green), TXD (yellow) and RDX (red) as indicator LEDs
4. The short circuit jumper can select 3.3V or 5V; It has 0.5A USB interface protection.
5. Come with 4 pieces of Dupont wire
6. Support sWINDOWS 98/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/VISTA/Server 2008/Win7/Win8 32 bits/64 bits
1. Solder 1 chip (with direction)
2. Solder 2 diodes (with direction)
3. Solder 4 resistors, size 152
4. Solder 2 capacitors, size 22P
5. Solder 2 capacitors, size 104P
6. Solder 2 capacitor specifications 106P
7. Solder 3 LEDs (with direction)
8. Solder 1 self-recovery insurance
9. Solder 1 crystal
10. Install the jumper cap
11. Shorten TXD and RXD with any DuPont line.
12.A. Install the driver on your computer.
B. Short the TXD and RXD modules into the USB port.
C. If the driver is installed successfully, the module is also welded and assembled. The computer will prompt to discover the new hardware.
D. In the computer’s Device Manager, you can see the port number of the CH340 module
13. Open the serial debugging tool (serial debugging tool interface as follows)
A. first set the port number (according to the computer device manager to display the port number can be set)
B. Other settings are shown below
C. Click the “Open Serial” button
D. Enter a letter or number on the top line
E. click “send” button, if the following line can receive the contents of the transmission, then the module is successful, you can continue the steps!
14. After inserting the four DuPont lines, the transparent heat shrink tube sets on the test plate.
15. Heat the transparent heat shrink tubing
You can see all the soldering process on the images below:
Other high quality images of the kit: