This is yet another post related to LM317. The LM317 device is an adjustable three-terminal positive-voltage regulator capable of supplying more than 1.5 A over an output-voltage range of 1.25 V to 37 V. It requires only two external resistors to set the output voltage. The device features a typical line regulation of 0.01% and typical load regulation of 0.1%. It includes current limiting, thermal overload protection, and safe operating area protection. Overload protection remains functional even if the ADJUST terminal is disconnected.
• Output Voltage Range Adjustable From 1.25 V to 37 V
• Output Current Greater than 1.5 A
• Internal Short-Circuit Current Limiting
• Thermal Overload Protection
• Output Safe-Area Compensation
This particular DIY requires basic soldering experience. You can build the kit in about half an hour. You can see the output voltage on the 3 digits seven segment display.
Other images of the kit: