TSA9840B is a 2x20W audio amplifier board with a new AudioB plus Bluetooth module that supports Apt-X.
It has perfect class-D architecture (based on MAX98400A) and each channel has 20W power output. Both channels are capable of outputting nominal power simultaneously and continuously.
This board can be powered by any DC 10V-24V power supply. It can be used to drive two 8Ω passive speakers. TSA9840B can also be connected with our TSA1000, TSA1010 or TSA1020 external audio volume control board. Users can adjust the audio volume by rotating the real knob.
The highlight point is Apt-X and TWS support. Therefore, users can stream audio to 2 pair amplifier boards at the same time wirelessly.
It is perfect for your Hi-Fi application, the audio source can be cable input or Bluetooth. You can pair up the amplifier with a mobile phone or a computer that has Bluetooth function.
Power up the amplifier board, use your phone or PC to search for a new Bluetooth device, the module will appear as “TSA9840B”, you can simply pair it up without PIN. Yes, it connects automatically with your device.
You can then play your audio.
- TSA9840B can auto-detect the Aux in/Line in Audio input. Bluetooth Audio source has higher priority. When Bluetooth audio is paused or Bluetooth is disconnected, the amplifier will output the Aux in/Line in audio.
- TWS mode supported. Users can stream audio to 2 pair amplifier boards at the same time wirelessly.
- There is an extra LINE OUT audio output jack. It can also be connected with a subwoofer amplifier board.
- BVC Port: BVC port can be connected with our Audio volume controller to control the Bluetooth audio volume.
TSA9840B can auto-detect the Aux in/Line in Audio input. Bluetooth Audio source has higher priority. When Bluetooth audio is paused or Bluetooth is disconnected, the Amplifier will automatically output the Aux in/Line in audio.
TSA9840B + TSA1000, Both Aux in and Bluetooth audio volume can be controlled through BVC port
The following table lists all the typical data of the Amp board. For full specification, please refer to the datasheet of MAX98400A chip.TA = 25℃, fin = 1 kHz sine wave, RL = ∞, VVS = 18V(Unless otherwise stated)
Supply Voltage (VDC)
Inferred from PSRR test
|Bandwidth @ ±3dB||@8Ω||20Hz||–||22KHz|
|Efficiency||PO = 2X20W, MAX98400A,
PVDD = 12V ,RL = 8Ω
|Minimum Load Impedance||8Ω|
|Output Power||Stereo,RL = 8Ω,THD+N 10%||–||22W||–|
|Mono, RL = 4Ω,THD+N 10%||–||44W||–|
|THD+N||POUT=0.1W to POUT/2, fIN= 20Hz to 20kHz, RL= 8Ω||–||0.3%||–|
|POUT/2, fIN=1kHz, RL= 8Ω||–||0.03%||–|
- Size: 9.1cm x 5.0cm
- Bluetooth 4.2
- aptX, aptX Low Latency, SBC and AAC
- TWS supported
- Bluetooth audio volume control port (BVC)
- Working voltage: DC 10V-24V
- Thermal and output current protection
- Personal computer
- Background music system
- Musical instrument amplifiers
- Home DIY
- Car audio
- How to change the BT name
- How to pair and set TWS mode
- How to set amplifier to a mono output
- TSA9840B Bluetooth module PSR file
- How to restore bluetooth settings
- Giga Control APP(Android)
- EMC test report